BT Community Connections is an award scheme which offers community groups in Shropshire the chance to get online and help people discover the wonders of the internet.
If your group helps the community access the internet and improves people’s ICT skills, you could be eligible to apply for a year’s free broadband (12 months’ free connection to BT Business Total Broadband Advance)
The scheme supports a diverse range of community and charitable groups across the UK and is part of BT’s Get IT Together campaign
The scheme is now closed for applications – register your interest for the next round
Here are the main criteria:
- Groups must have a BT business landline
- The group must be able to demonstrate how they help the local community learn about the benefits of the internet and how they will train members of the community to use the internet
- Priority will be given to applications from community groups that operate in areas of deprivation*
*As defined by the Department for Communities and Local Government Index of Multiple Individual Deprivation (IMID) based on measures of health, employment, income and education in addition to political and social indicators in England and equivalent data in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- As part of the award package, successful applicants are expected to conduct regular internet taster sessions and further training for members of the community
- You will need to show how many people you have helped on a monthly basis
- You will need to fill in an evaluation questionnaire within three months of award delivery
- Your group may need to take part in publicity or advertising in connection with the award